As we begin our Lenten journey, I have been reflecting on the challenging past year. It brings to mind a quote from Fr. John J. Lombardi:
"Lent is about a relationship, the most important one, with God and our neighbor."
Especially in times of stress and uncertainty, our relationships with family, friends and the community help pull us through. Now more than ever, our clients and neighbors, depend on the basic life-affirming services we provide, and, in turn, we depend on the generosity of donors like you.
This Lenten season we are asking you to support our work which has become even more complex as we attempt to meet the needs of the most vulnerable in our community. Unfortunately, we were faced with additional funding reductions this past year, but the demand for our services is at an all-time high.
Your generous Lenten donation could help to:
- Ease access to mental health care and other services for our Behavioral Health clients.
- Connect women facing an unplanned pregnancy with resources that allow them to make informed decisions.
- Provide counseling, medical exams, and legal help for child sexual-abuse victims and their families.
- Ensure that struggling families and seniors have sufficient and nutritious food.
- Assist released offenders in securing proper identification, housing, and employment—enabling them to rebuild their lives.
- Provide respite support for families straining to care for frail or infirmed loved ones.
Lent is not only a time for prayer and fasting, but also a time to give back. I hope you will join me in generously giving back and helping the most vulnerable in our community. On behalf of the Board of Directors and the entire staff at Catholic Social Services, I extend a heartfelt thank you for all your past support; particularly during the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is our honor to serve. Blessings to each of you for a peaceful Easter and the joy of anticipating the emergence of Spring.
President & CEO
Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County
P.S. Now more than ever, our clients depend on the essential services we provide, and, in turn, we depend on the generosity of donors like you. Please show your support today by making an EASY online donation.