Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County will assist you in exploring options of parenting, or if interested, pursuing an adoption plan. We comprehensive services for clients who parent or make alternate plans for their babies. All services, from counseling to referrals to long-term support, are offered at no charge.
Free Services for All Pregnant Women
- Licensed counseling for women, men and family members
- Non-judgmental atmosphere to explore options, including adoption
- One on one parenting education
- Service referrals to meet medical, financial, education, nutrition, legal and housing needs
- Help identify and build a support network
- Regular meetings during pregnancy through post-birth time period
- Services offered on-site for clients who are incarcerated or have transportation limitations
To Get Started:
Pregnancy Information Links
- Birth Mom Buds is an organization that provides peer counseling, support, encouragement, and friendship to pregnant women considering adoption as well as women who have already placed children for adoption.
- The Postpartum Depression Support Group of the Greater Ann Arbor Area is a grassroots support group facilitated by five volunteers who work with pregnant and parenting women. Our mission is to support women in their recovery from postpartum depression.
- Michigan SAFE DELIVERY Information: On June 26, 2000, Michigan approved the Safe Delivery of Newborns law with an effective date of January 1, 2001. While targeting desperate parents, the law encourages the placement of their newborns in a safe environment as opposed to an unsafe environment. This is a link to the State of Michigan Department of Human Services.
- Hope After Abortion