CSSW Behavioral Health Services is an inclusive, welcoming, and safe space for individuals of all walks of life to seek treatment for your mental health concerns, regardless of gender, race, religious association, etc.
Mental Health Services We Provide
Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County offers a safe space for Washtenaw County residents seeking mental health services. We offer the following:
- Individual outpatient therapy. Limited family and couples therapy available.
- Adult, adolescent, and (limited) child therapy.
- If a child has experienced sexual abuse, the family is referred to the Washtenaw County Child Advocacy Center: (734) 544-2925
- In-person and telehealth (zoom or phone call) sessions available
- Short term, solution focused, goal-oriented therapy (estimated 6 months – 1 year)
- Psychiatry and medication management for stabilization. Only available to individuals who are attending regular therapy appointments. Not intended for the long term. Discontinuation of therapy services results in the discontinuation of psychiatric services. Psychiatry will not exceed 12 months.
- Psychiatry will not prescribe the following medication (as of late 2021): Suboxone, Injection medication (Risperdal, Abilify, etc.)
Services We Do Not Offer
- Case management
- Crisis intervention/emergency services
- Mobile/in-house therapy
- Long term medication management
- Psychological/diagnostic testing for ADD/ADHD, cognitive impairment, autism spectrum disorder, etc.
- Pre-surgery evaluations - requested at time of surgery consultation; i.e for bariatric surgery, breast reductions, gender reassignment, etc
- One-time psychiatric evaluations for court, forensic or court competency evaluations such as competency to stand trial
- DBT or EMDR therapy modalities
- Psychiatry/medication management without therapy
Please see our list of Mental Health Resources for other organizations who may be able to provide these services.
When We're Available
Currently, our social work therapists and interns work varying and flexible hours. Liz is available in the office Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30pm, while most therapists are unit of service staff members with no set work hours. Due to COVID 19, some of our therapists are working on a hybrid model, while some are working entirely remotely. While limited, weekend appointments are available for some therapists.
During the intake triage you will be asked your preferences as to how sessions are held, and please note that due to preferences, expected waiting periods may be longer.
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please call 911.
Insurances We Accept
Fees are assessed on a sliding scale. CSSW is an authorized provider for most insurance and managed care plans. Clients are encouraged to check whether their policy covers mental health services. A prior authorization may be required.
For clients who do not have insurance, we offer reduced rates on a self-pay method starting at $40 per session.
NOTE: We understand how difficult it can be as Medicaid clients to find agencies and providers who participate with your insurance. Due to these limitations, we are prioritizing scheduling clients with all forms of Medicaid and straight Medicare, as private insurances are more widely accepted.
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Medicaid
- BCBS Federal
- BCBS of Michigan
- BCBS Out of State
- Blue Cross Complete Medicaid (BCComplete)
- Blue Care network (BCN)
- Blue Care Network Medicare Advantage
- Medicaid Primary
- Medicaid Secondary
- Medicare Secondary
- Medicare + Blue
- Meridian Medicare Advantage
- Molina Medicaid
- Molina Marketplace
- Molina Medicare Advantage
- Tricare (Humana military)
- UBH Commercial
- United Healthcare
- Medicare United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Golden Rule
- United Medicaid
- Washtenaw Health Plan (WHP)
- Wellcare Medicare