Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
RSVP helps adults age 55+ contribute their talents and experience to serve local nonprofits. RSVP considers the skills and interests of each volunteer and matches them with the needs of partner organizations. A successful match means that a community agency is more able to deliver critical services while the volunteer enjoys the reward of giving back.
RSVP has been active in Washtenaw County since 1973. Three hundred senior volunteers contribute approximately 50,000 hours annually, through 40 local nonprofits. This is the equivalent of investing $1,207,000 (based on the Independent Sector rated value of a volunteer hour) into the community. There are no costs to participate. Donations are welcome to maintain program activities.
- Must be 55+ years old
Here are examples of Volunteers finding meaning through service:
- Delivering meals and providing a daily check-in to homebound residents
- Being a Friendly Visitor by phone or in person to an isolated senior
- Giving back to Veterans through activities at the VA Hospital
- Providing Medicare and Medicaid Assistance Programs (MMAP) counseling
- Installing home safety services so other seniors can remain independent as long as possible in their own homes
- Mentoring Youth in school programs and so much more!
- Providing Tax Assistance at a community location to seniors living on low-incomes and to disabled persons
Benefits of Serving
- Make a difference in your community
- Receive supplemental Volunteer Liability Insurance at no cost upon joining RSVP
- Enjoy local recognition activities with other dedicated volunteers for your important work
- part of a nationally recognized organization that supports volunteerism
- Improve your health. Volunteerism lowers their risk of health related problems, (prevents isolation and depression, and promotes an active lifestyle
To Get Started
Call 734.712.4325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn More About RSVP