Possible Charges and Expenses:
- Court filing fees: $150.00
- Order of Adoption: $11.00
- Michigan Birth Certificate Fee: $40.00
- Additional Copies of Birth Certificate: $12.00
- Medical exams for each member of the household
If the child being adopted qualifies for Adoption Support Subsidy, the above expenses are reimbursable with the exception of the $40.00 birth certificate fee. However, one additional birth certificate is reimbursable.
If the child was not born in Michigan the fee for the new birth certificate will depend on the fee for that state of birth. Your adoption worker will advise on the amount.