Hours & Location
4925 Packard Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48108-1521
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am-9:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am-3:00 pm
Sunday: Closed (minimal hours in certain programs)
The Packard Office is shaped like a ‘V’, with the main entrance in the middle of the ‘V’. The main entrance has the front desk, waiting areas, and the large conference room. If you walk through the door on the left side of the front desk, you are entering the south wing of the building. This wing has many offices, including offices for adoption services, Family Time, Blueprint for Aging, domestic violence services, foster care, Casa Latina, and some administrative offices. The south wing also has the copy machine and office supplies, the kitchen area, and counseling rooms. If you walk through the door on the right side of the front desk, you are entering the north wing of the building. This wing has the BHS offices, the MPRI office, and many administration offices including human resources (HR).
Office IT and Supplies
- All interns must wear an ID badge while in the office. See Cindy Reznick in HR to get your badge. This badge allows you to use the copy machine and get in/out of the back door of the office between the hours of 8:30am-5pm.
- It is possible to connect your laptop to the Packard Office printer. Jim is available to set up this connection for you if needed.
- Office supplies that anyone can use are located in the cabinets along the wall next to the copy machine in the north wing.
- If you need to throw out a sensitive document or one that has client information on it, you MUST put it in the bins marked “Confidential Materials Only.” There is one near the copy machine and one in the kitchen area.
- Public WiFi password: WeLovePizza!
- There are First Aid Kits located in the kitchen area and in the reception area. If there is an emergency, David Garvin is the first aid responder.
Food at the Office
- The kitchen area is located in the back of the south wing. Some rules for that area:
- You can store food in the fridge, however on Friday evenings the fridge will periodically be emptied of anything that is not labeled with someone’s name.
- If you make a mess in the microwave, on the counters, etc., clean it up. It is a shared space, and the custodial staff are not responsible for cleaning the microwave or fridge.
- Sometimes leftover food from meetings, etc. will be placed on the table. Anyone can eat this, but warning: it goes fast!
- There is a coffee maker in this area. If coffee is already made, feel free to take some. If not, bring in and make your own.