Foster Parent Training and Resources
Foster Care / Waiting Adoption Orientation Meetings
If you are considering becoming a foster parent as an avenue to build your family, after you register on the Michigan Foster Care website, we encourage you to attend one of our upcoming Foster Care/Waiting Child Adoption Orientation Meetings. There are no fees associated with becoming licensed for foster care.
Information meetings are held via Zoom on the first and third Wednesday of each month to provide an overview of the foster care program.
- Foster Care Navigator - fcnp.org
- Child Trauma Academy - childtrauma.org
- Child Welfare League of America - cwla.org
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network - nctsn.org
- Child Welfare Information Gateway - childwelfare.gov
- FosterClub - fosterclub.com
- Foster Care Academy courses - fostercareacademy.thinkific.com
- Fostering Forward Michigan - fosteringforwardmi.org