A foster parent must be 18 years or older. They may be married or single.
- Be of good moral character (Certain criminal convictions will prohibit individuals from licensing approval).
- Be of adequate physical, mental, and emotional health to assure the needs of foster children.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children and the ability to care for children.
- Express a willingness and ability to work with the child’s family
- Possess sufficient housing and a stable income. Verification of finances will be requested.
- Submit to a medical clearance, criminal background check, and provide three unrelated references.
- Complete annual training.