Personal & Family Therapy
Our Therapists Can Help You
Behavioral Health Services therapists work in partnership with you to develop a plan designed to meet your individual needs.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Comprehensive Services
Our Pledge to You
We will find the most effective and efficient ways to help you achieve your desired state of being.
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
Behavioral Health Services uses “Solution-Focused Brief Therapy,” a short-term therapeutic approach that focuses on developing goals and solutions rather than dwelling on problems.
Initially all of our clients are given a thorough assessment. This helps to determine if our services are appropriate for you and begins to set the course for the direction of your therapy. In addition, once we conduct the assessment, we can refer you to our psychiatrist for evaluation and medication monitoring, if appropriate.
How Do You Get There?
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy helps you to recognize and build on personal strengths to bring about meaningful changes in your life. Goals direct the therapy process, keeping it brief and focused.
To work toward a solution, you will ask yourself:
- What do you want different in your life
- What will it take to make it happen
- To envision a detailed picture of what your situation will be when you reach your goal
- Endorsed by the Council on Accreditation
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Martin Luther King, Jr. I Have a Dream Award
- N.E.W. Center Excellence in Management Award