Pretreatment & Assessment:
Early Intervention (8 Sessions):
This intervention model is provided to low to moderate substance abusers that have daily functioning skills in society.
This group assists clients in developing coping skills that assist them in creating a healthier, stable, positive and productive lifestyle.
The process includes counseling, coaching, explorations, education, support, prevention techniques and resource utilization for individuals. The groups is eight sessions in length.
Re-Direction (15 sessions):
This intervention model is provided to parolees/probationers with more serous substance abuse issues, which have resulted in more lengthy incarceration and disruption of family ties.
The 15 session program focus on treatment goals related to:
- Correction of thinking
- Distortions and errors
- Deficits in problem solving and reasoning
While addressing relapse/recidivism behaviors by strengthening skills
- For coping with urges and triggers for use
- For refusing drug/crime offers
- By utilizing reports and journaling
Substance Abuse Schedule
- PreTreatment Group/Orientation meetings are every Thursday from 12:30-2:30 pm
- Participants must arrive on time
- Referral must include both pages of the CFJ-140