The key word describing open adoption is empowerment. As a birth parent, you are empowered because you choose your child’s future family from a pool of applicants. Adoptive families are empowered knowing that they have the approval and support of the birth parents. Lastly, the children involved grow up knowing that they are valued by all the adults in their lives.
The Birth Parent Support Group, meets monthly at CSSW, call or email Julie Payne at 734.971.9781 x321 or email@example.com for more information.
Open Adoption is…
- Birth parents choosing, meeting and developing a lifelong relationship with the adoptive family
- Adoptive and birth parents creating a mutually agreeable plan to communicate regarding the child
- Mutual respect for all involved in the adoption circle
- On-going education and resources for birth and adoptive families
- Clear because birth parents relinquish parental rights but the relationship is maintained throughout life
Adoption is Lifelong…
Adoption is a journey affecting birth parents, adoptive parents and adoptees alike. CSSW understands the unique challenges for each member of the adoption circle and provides ongoing support for all involved.
If you decide to pursue an adoption plan, CSSW will…
- Provide information about adoption as a lifelong process
- Support you in choosing and meeting the adoptive family
- Assist you in redefining your role with the child
- Encouraging you to name, feed and hold your child in the hospital
- Foster the belief that children have the right to have their birth parent(s) involved in their lives forever
- Provide extensive post-birth counseling and life-long support groups
734.971.9781, ext. 321 or 412